Creative Gardener Program
A joint effort between Rhode Island School of Design and Rhode Island Master Gardeners Association.
Designed for the seasoned home gardener, this is an in depth instruction course presenting up-to-date information on all gardening basics. Through this course you will have the ability to:
- Meet other gardeners in an environment of sharing and exploration
- Complete holes in your gardening know-how
- Present fulfilling solutions to future gardening issues
- Know where to find the advice for new difficulties
- Give back to the garden society and share your joy of growing plants.
Training course Execution:
The course is presented alternating years and includes classroom instruction, directed on a part-time basis on weekends and 70 volunteer service hours, separately scheduled over two years.
Classroom part covers a full range of gardening subjects such as:
- Botany and plant identification
- Plant diseases and prevention
- Effective landscape design
- Weed management
- Pest control
Volunteer Service part is where students share their gardening skills and passion with the group, supported by our experienced gardeners.
January 14, 2015
Seasoned home gardener,ready to share knowledge and passion with other garden enthusiasts.
How to Apply:
At the end of the questions, interview & personal information forms, qualifying students will be asked to join the program.
Submit the Admission Form.